PHP is the language that has acquired its peak of popularity in a very short span of time. Whether you talk about the unstoppable WordPress, comprehensive Wikipedia and ubiquitous Facebook, you just can’t ignore the contribution of PHP in these web applications. It is often world’s biggest open source language that one can use for their development projects. If you are also interested in structuring your creative ideas using PHP, you need to follow some basic guidelines so to accomplish your project tasks in a more streamlined manner.
Here’s the list of such guidelines:
1) Object Oriented Programming is always Significant: If you are a PHP developer, it is simply not sensible to overlook the concept of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) as it implies programming with the use of classes and objects that puts an end to the need of code repetition except the simplification of basic job functions. OOP is comparatively much easier, faster and simpler to debug. Adopting OOP will transform the way you take development, making it more efficient and well-organised.
2) Gain Fair Understanding about Project’s Bottom Line: Without having complete knowledge about the project requirements, it is far more difficult to deliver what your client has expected. Every project – be it small or large – comprises a particular proposal containing every single detail about the project. It is advisable to always take out some time to review the project proposal instead of jumping onto the development phase straight away.
3) Keep the Error Reporting On: Needless to say, every developer wants their project to run flawlessly. But errors are an indispensable part of the development cycle that should be observed at its earliest to avoid flounders in the later phase. Generally, the biggest error that developers tend to make is not noticing the errors they make. So, you should keep the error reporting ON. This will ensure that you will be running an error-free code in full production mode.
4) Make Use of PHP’s Inbuilt Function: Utilising the inbuilt functions of the PHP can be quite resourceful at times, especially in the cases where you have to work in adherence to hectic project deadlines. A problematic situation where you need to count the number of keys in a particular array can be easily handled through a loop where the value gets incremented with regular iteration. Another easy alternative is to use inbuilt count () function of PHP that can perform the same function without being much complicated.
5) Coding is Always Good to Go: Yeah, it’s agreeable that you need to put yourself completely into the development task so as to get the desired results. So, painstaking coding is the only solution to escape you and your project from the failure.
Make the use of all the above-mentioned tricks to execute PHP development tasks in the most strategic way, striking off all the hassle that may hinder your way to acquire desired results within specified time-limit.
Kristy Bernales, the author, is working with Web Design Xperts as Sr. Designer. Apart from her fixed hour job with a renowned firm into Web Development Melbourne, she likes connecting with new acquaintances through her blogs about most relevant topics of designing and development.