Whether you are a small business owner or someone who is starting fresh, it is important for you to have the right eCommerce solution for your business. This is because it makes or breaks the impression of your business. Sometimes due to lack of resources, it becomes difficult to have a custom developed ecommerce platform. This is where Magento comes to the rescue. It is an open source platform that offers plentiful features and is quite robust. Magento has been a boon for SMEs who have now a cost effective way to overcome the ecommerce technology hurdle.
The following are a few reasons why Magento has become so popular:
- Magento is a reliable and secure software platform.
- It is scalable and can be used by small as well as enterprise level businesses.
- It is also highly customizable and can be moulded as per your requirements.
- You have freedom to chose your hosting environment (self hosted, magento hosted).
- Can be easily integrated with other enterprise systems with extensions
- Magento is more SEO friendly compared to some of the other ecommerce platforms
- Magento is optimized for speed and performance
- Magento has an active developer community and a host of extensions for every possible functionality
As your first step to building a Magento based ecommerce store, you can start thinking about your requirements and get yourself and others acquainted with the concept of your estore. If you think Magento fulfills all your store requirements then you should purchase an appropriate server space. Going for a shared web hosting plan may not be right for Magento as it is very resource intensive. If you intend to scale up your business in future, you should go for dedicated server or a cloud server.
Using Magento for your ecommerce store doesn’t have to be complicated as this infographic from Biztech Consulting & Solutions shows. All you need to do is follow the steps explains here.