Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and Samsung Galaxy S6 has a unique fusion of glass molding and metal sculpturing techniques. Samsung made a breathtaking design statement with its beautiful curves and radiant glass surfaces that reflect a wide spectrum of dazzling colors. Samsung is back with a bang through Samsung Galaxy S6 & Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Design: Aluminum(Al6013) frame +Light reflective 2.5D Gorilla Glass 4
- Camera: F1.9 aperture
- Charging: Charge for 10 minutes, you can get 4 hours
- Samsung wireless charging pad for a wire-free charge
- Performance: 64-bit architecture, LPDDR4 and advanced GPU
- Display :Equipped with a 5.1″ Quad HD (2560 x 1440) Super AMOLED display
Detailed Specifications of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Designed with Metal and glass; plastic be damned.
- Has a matte aluminum alloy frame and Gorilla Glass 4 on the front and back.
Charmingly Crafted, Fascinatingly Brilliant
- Seamless fusion of glass and metal.
- Have world’s first dual-edge display, beautiful curves and radiant glass surfaces.
Richer Interactions with Edge
- Color-code the five people and simply tap a contact’s color on the Edge display to call text or email them.
- Innovative color-coded notifications can easily see who is trying to get in touch, even when your device is upside down.
Improved Aperture, Clearer Pictures
- Front and rear cameras feature higher resolution and F1.9 aperture.
- Press the home button twice to go straight into camera mode
- Never worry about your battery again because of lightning-fast charging speed ― up to 1.5 times faster than previous models.
- Battery life may last for less than 2 hours when watching HD movie or the higher resolution movie.
- Equipped with a 5.1” Quad HD (2560 x 1440) Super AMOLED display.
- Provides an impeccably sharp viewing experience, and its adaptive display provides unbeatable clarity both indoors and outside.
- Enjoy unprecedented peace of mind with the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge’s powerful security solutions: KNOX, a fingerprint scanner.
Seamless Content Sharing
- A simple touch is all it takes to pair the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge with a Samsung Smart TV via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy).
- Mirror movies from your Galaxy to a TV screen or share current TV screen from a TV to your phone.
- Smart Manager application lets you check an array of useful information on battery status, storage, RAM, security and more at a glance.
- Octa-core Exynos 7420 brains.
- Crafted with the same metal, glass and silicon
- 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED screen.
- 5-megapixel selfie camera sits above it while the Home button lies below, flanked by discrete Back and Recent Apps keys.
- 16-megapixel camera, and to the right lies a tiny black divot where the LED flash and heart rate sensor live.
- Plastic bodies for sturdy metal frames and Gorilla Glass 4 panels lining the S6’s front and back.
- Rounded sides are punctuated by a flat edge for your fingers to rest on. The gaps between the metal and Gorilla Glass are so fine as to be imperceptible.
- The sole speaker has been moved to the phone’s bottom so you’re not blasting tunes straight into your desk.
Display and sound
- Has absolutely gorgeous screens.
- Quad HD panels & only measure at 5.1 inches diagonally.
- AMOLEDs, colors are incredibly vivid, while blacks are deep and sumptuous.
- The cameras in Samsung’s high-end phones have always been at least above average, but that’s not good enough anymore.
- For the sake of speed, you can fire up the camera by swiping up on the home screen or by double-tapping the Home button at any time. Samsung says it only takes 0.7 second to jump into the camera.
Our Verdict for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and Samsung Galaxy S6
We have analyzed both the models and bring certain conclusions that these models are not at all economic. Sometimes you would think that you are overpaying while comparing what actually we are getting but quality is something Samsung the name itself brings from long ago. There is a distinct audience of Samsung who can shower the trust and proceed with these models. Reliability is no doubt in blood of Samsung phones by keeping that in mind we can go with adaption of these phones. Though it has certain CONS and PROS.
- Great design
- Super sharp screen
- Fast camera with good low light
- Smooth glass-and-matte-metal body
- Improved fingerprint reader, and convenient new camera shortcut key make the phone a stunner.
- Android 5.0 brings the beauty inside.
- TouchWiz seemstoo cartoony
- Likely to be expensive
- Smaller Battery life
We found modicum amount of differences among Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge and our evaluation of both the phones.
As the name suggests displays are Straight Or Curved
- Galaxy S6 – 5.1-inch flat panel, 2560 x 1440 pixels, Super AMOLED display
- Galaxy S6 Edge – 5.1-inch curved panel, 2560 x 1440 pixels, Super AMOLED display
Aside from the curves, both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge have identical main screens and, as expected, they step up to native 2k panels from the 1080p resolution seen in the Galaxy S5.
Glass Backs for both the models is a hard decision taken by Samsung We find it very risky though we believe as per the price of phone it should be robust enough.
We see that the backs are no longer removable which seems disappointing we can think that there would be a good motto behind doing it but users may find this clumsy to go with.
Despite of such an expensive phone costs more or less than a laptop user is not guaranteed with the water proofing.
Besides all those points Samsung put a compensation for losses in both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge represent a significant step up in the quality of build materials from the entire previous phone series this is where Samsung may have put money on.
Both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge feature upgraded fingerprint sensors which work with a touch rather than needing a swipe which is really cool.
- Galaxy S6 – 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 mm (5.64 x 2.77 x 0.27 in) and 138g (4.86 oz)
- S6 Edge – 142.1 x 70.1 x 7 mm (5.59 x 2.76 x 0.27 in) and 132g (4.65 oz)
Both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge have actually reduced both their footprints and weight compared to the Galaxy S5. The LG G3 still carries the most compact size/screen size ratio (5.5-inch display in 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm and 149g) which is a very appreciable work from Samsung.
- Galaxy S6 – 2550 mAh
- Galaxy S6 Edge – 2600 mAh
The good thing is Samsung boasts that the move to its own Exynos 7420 chipset (more below) is 35% more efficient as is its heavily optimised new version of TouchWiz .
If you find this post informative feel free to share it and you can comment to carry out discussion or to help us improve the article; Thank you for your valuable time you devoted to visit our post.
If you are Galaxy S6/ Galaxy S6 Edge users please share your experience with us.
We would love if you wish to associate with us and have strong passion about gadgets and the latest things being carried out in this technological world and have desire to share your knowledge regarding latest gadgets, technological innovations, Operating systems and many more with the world; LetsDnD will give to opportunity to reach to volume of audience with the knowledge in form of hand outs, blogs, articles or whatsoever you find fine to deliver. You can contact us 24*7.
We will respond to you at the earliest…