Yu Yureka faced great success so the expectations from Yu Yuphoria is automatically raised. The Yureka though entered into the most difficult market segment of budgetary phones but the good thing is it turned out as a leader in this segment.
Yu’s strategy with is to make phone look like the one with the best possible features and keep it economical and it will capture the market of countries who are ready to explore such phones.
- Product name: YU5010 (YUPHORIA)
- OS Name: Cyanogen OS 12/Android Lollipop 5.0.2
- Screen Size: 12.7cm (5)
- Camera Resolution: 8MP AF Rear (2448*3264) ; 5MP FF(1944*2592)(front)
- Processor: Qualcomm snapdragon 410(64 Bit compatible)
- Battery Capacity: 2230mAh
- Connectivity Options: Bluetooth 4.0/USB/Wi-Fi
- Colors: Buffed Steel with black, champagne gold with white
SUPERIOR CRAFTSMANSHIP IN METAL
- Stainless steel rim with streamlined design
FAST, FLUID AND RESPONSIVE WITH CYNOGEN 12
- Provides privacy, security, and customization as it is powered with Android Lollipop 5.0
- 12.7 cm IPS Display
- 16.7 Colors
- Fully Laminated
- 410 Snapdragon and much more…
- 5 MP Front Camera with 85 degree wide angle view
- AAC Technologies Speakers with Wolfson pure sound
POWERFUL BATTERY WITH QUICK RECHARGE
- 2230 mAh
In one look eye catching features are there like:
- 8 MP Rear
- Expandable memory upto 32 GB
- Light Sensor
- Audio 24-bit
VIVID AND SHARP DISPLAY
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 5 inch display
- Screen Size: 12.7cm (5)
- Screen Resolution: HD (1280*720)
- Screen type: IPS with Gorilla glass 3
- Color Depth: 16.7M
- Chipset: Type-MSM 8916
- Frequency-1.2GHz Quad core
- OS Version: Cyanogen OS 12/Android Lollipop 5.0.2
- Battery Capacity: 2230mAh
- Standby Time: 160Hours
- Talk time: 7Hours
- Resolution: 8MP AF Rear (2448*3264); 5MP FF (1944*2592) (front)
- Flash: YES, Rear camera only
- Autofocus: YES, Rear camera only
- Resolution Recording & Playback: 1080p
- LTE TDD 2300MHz (Band 40)/2600MHz
- LTE FDD 1800MHz (Band 3)/800/2600MHz
- WCDMA 2100/900MHz
- GSM 900/1800/1900/850 MHz
- Version 4.0
- Location : GPS -YES
- RAM: 2GB DDR3
- ROM: 16GB
- Internal Ph Memory: 2GB (for apps and mass storage)
- Expandable Memory: Up to 32GB
- Sensors: G-sensor/Proximity/ Light Sensor/Gyroscope/Magnetic sensor
- USB V
- Micro USB
- Ear Jack : 3.5 mm
- Dual Sim Support: Yes(Micro)
- True caller (Dialler integration), Email (Boxer)
VIDEO AND AUDIO SPECs
- Video formats supported: mp4, avi, 3gpp
- Video Resolution: 1080p
- Video Frame Rate: 25fps
- Audio Formats Supported: aac, amr, mid, mp3, ogg, wav
- FM: YES
- Budget Phone
- Stunning looks
- Good performance
Yu Yuphoria is a value for money phone. It’s the best looking budget device that you can buy, if you are a multitasker and do a lot on your phone, and then the extra 1GB of RAM on the Yuphoria will be useful to you.
The Yu Yuphoria is a good looking device, probably the best that the sub-7k segment can offer and the metal is fabulous and provides lavish look on the side that can easily move a buyer towards the Yuphoria.
The rounded metal edges add more than just looks to the device. Yes, the metallic shine does make it look better than others; it is very handy too that is grip is really good.
The thing to be happy is phone looks stunning from the back too. Modulated with the absolute luxury and camera module.
The big round camera module on the back looks unique. Yu calls this the ‘Saturn ring’ design and it adds to the design more sophistication and a different feel. The overall design is sure to turn users ON and may even solicit astonishment from those who aren’t already familiar with this smart phone.
The only thing to worry about the design of this smart phone is the placement of the volume rocker and power button. The power button rests between the up and down volume buttons, but it is bigger than those. As a result, it is usually pressed on one side and tends to bend towards that side. You may very well find the power button to be non-functional after using this phone for a while.
The first real pitfall for the Yuphoria is in its display. There’s a definite pink-ish hue all over the display, which makes apps, images and videos looks weird, not bad but we are not habitual so seeing such saturations and hues on display.
One of the biggest selling points of the Yuphoria is that it comes with CyanogenMod 12 and Android 5.0.
Yu Yuphoria has maintained cleanliness and simplicity and does not have bulk of apps which a user may or may not want to have in the phone although the inclusion of Baton seems fruitless since it’s still in beta stage and doesn’t allow new entrants. In addition, the YUniverse apps kept freezing and crashing everytime which is a bad experience.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 isn’t a sizeable upgrade over the Snapdragon 400. It is still the reigning SoC in the budget market.
On regular usage, the Yuphoria shows some lag and stuttering after heating up. In the 41 degrees temperature, that happens quite fast too, but one can’t really hold that against a smart phone. Under more controlled conditions, the performance is pretty much fine. Phone sometimes froze on the multitasking screen.
It overexposes images in bright sunlight and washes them out in indoor settings.
The camera is also somewhat slow to focus, irrespective of the light conditions. While low light imaging is more respectable.
On regular usage, this phone won’t get you through the day, but will last for about 10-12 hours. This will change if you’re gaming a lot though. The battery drops by about 14% after 25 minutes of gaming, which means there’s not a lot you’ll get out of it. It’s an ok battery at best.
Our final word for Yu Yuphoria is for a phone at 6,999 you are getting so much…A good to go budget smart phone.