Yureka Lollipop Update (Android 5.0) with Cyanogen OS 12 is available for its users.
The most demanding and affordable phone of the year Yu Yureka is known for its amazing features at economic price. Yureka users were waiting for the lollipop update as Yureka has promised that user will surely get latest Cyanogen update so Micromax-owned Yu Yureka has started rolling out the new Android 5.0 Lollipop-based Cyanogen OS 12 (CM12S) update for its Yureka smartphone. According to Yu, the update has rolled out in phases to Yureka consumers started Thursday April 16, 2015.
There is good news for Yu Yureka users as there are only few phones like Hero 2+, OnePlus One which has got official update of Cyanogen 12 which is sealed and approved by Google.
Rahul Sharma (Co-founder / CEO Micromax) was quoted by saying, “The Cyanogen OS 12 update is a product of our passion and dedication towards reinventing and redefining the consumer experience and I am extremely excited to share it with our community.”
He talked about rollout of Yu Yureka with Lollipop update and its buttery soft experience at Yureka forum website
His words are truly worth of adoring when we see Yu Yureka with its Cyanogen OS 12 update.
Micromax Yu Yureka was running on Android 4.4 Cyanogen Mod Powered Kitkat but unfortunately Kitkat was not performing well on Micromax Yu Yureka. This version of android was containing many bugs which are expiated by this lollipop update:
- High battery consumption/battery drainage.
- Inefficient RAM consumption.
- Screen turned black when pick up any call.
- Proximity sensor problem as it always show as distance zero.
- Speaker sound.
- Camera quality.
- Excessive heat problems.
- Lag and slow gradually if install large high end graphic games.
- Device was prone to viruses and malware so it was not that highly secured.
What is in this update?
- The Lollipop-based CM12S update introduces material design elements to the UI.
- The update lets users prioritize application revamped notifications, making them better integrated with the lock screen.
- Cyanogen OS 12 brings the App Themer feature that gives users a great ability to theme individual apps.”
We would like to throw some more light on App Themer
- App Themer has easy-to-use interface that lets user to quickly change the theme and preview it before applying changes.
- App Themer facilitates the user with a floating button that sits on top of your current app. On tapping it changes the theme for that app.
- Tap on the App Themer icon at the bottom of the Theme Chooser which eventually brings up the floating paintbrush button.
- Tap the paintbrush button and theme will get applied.
- Till the FloatingApp Themer icon is on the screen, we can theme the apps.
- When we don’t require any more theming, simply drag the App Themer paintbrush down to the ‘X’ at the bottom of the screen.
Benefits of App Themer
App Themer is the sufficient tool for all advanced theme lovers and simple theme lovers who simply want to theme an individual app or two.
App Themer has packaged with handy facilities when our favorite theme doesn’t look soothing for a specific app. No need to change entire theme just because of that specific app. we can simply change the theme for that individual app and continue to stay with favorite theme everywhere.
- It marks the debut of the new Cyanogen email, powered by Boxer, adding Exchange support, multiple account integration, and canned responses for quick replies.
- Cyanogen email lets users select a different LED color for email notifications, and choose what happens when they swipe left or right on a message.
- Speed will be 4 times better than before.
- Carried with inbuilt battery saver option which will hold full power syrup of 90 minutes for emergency.
- It’s faster, smoother and more responding than before.
- Lag and sluggish performance went away, Can install large games and high power consuming apps.
- Graphics boosted and it’s more vibrant and lustrous in looks i.e. appearance and amazing looks is hallmark of its being awesome.
- Easiest possible navigation within a whole to consume least possible time.
- Smart notification bar works as per ranking system depend on phone usage that is what user is using most and what the least.
- Security is robust now with new encryption technology. It’s possible to get the device back even when it’s stolen. Have superior tracking things which will help most in disastrous situations.
- HEVC main profile helps to give more rich colors and high definition video quality without consuming heavy power.
- Viruses or malwares cannot be attacked on data. It’ll catch them immediately so data corruption is least liable to happen with Android 5.0 lollipop.
- The update also lets users create guest profiles while also bringing in the ability to freeze app screens for restricted user actions to disable unwanted navigation on their device and can add as many users as we want to and can keep them password protected.
- This update will strengthen your android security and boost up performance.
- Eradicated problems with Dual SIM that was of not getting proper signal or mobile doesn’t get configured with the SIM.
- New quick settings.
- Support for new languages including Bengali, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Tamil, and Telugu.
Users have got the OTA but if not they can update to lollipop manually or can try these steps to get OTA:
- First of all shutdown your android device.
- After turning off the smartphone pull put the battery.
- Hold down the battery in your hands for about 14 seconds.
- Now enter the battery inside the phone.
- Connect the device to Wi-Fi or 3g and wait for a while.
- Now after some time you will receive a notification in the Yu Yureka notification bar.
- Pull down the notification bar and open the notification or you can check for update by Go to Settings>About Phone>Check for updates.
- Now you land on a screen showing download update.
Manual Process for Update:
- Download the Official CM12s ROM for Yu Yureka and save it wherever you want to.
- Move the Download update file in your phone’s internal memory (root folder of your device).
- Boot Yureka into recovery – To do so, power off the phone then press Volume Up + Volume Down and Power button simultaneously.
- Select “Apply Update” option.
- Select the file “cm-12.0-YNG1TAS0W0-tomato-signed.zip” then flashing process will start on your phone and this will take some time.
- Once the installation is over, go to main page and ‘wipe cache partition‘ and select ‘Reboot system now‘.
- Be patient as it can take up to 35 to 45 minutes.
Prerequisites Before Updating Yu Yureka To Android 5.0 Lollipop:
- Charge Yureka up to 80% or more.
- Wi-Fi or 3G network is recommended.
- Minimum 1 GB of free space should be available in your device.
If you find this post informative feel free to share it and you can comment to carry out discussion or to help us improve the article; Thank you for your valuable time you devoted to visit our post.
We would love if you wish to associate with us and have strong passion about gadgets and the latest things being carried out in this technological world and have desire to share your knowledge regarding latest gadgets, technological innovations, Operating systems and many more with the world; LetsDnD will give to opportunity to reach to volume of audience with the knowledge in form of hand outs, blogs, articles or whatsoever you find fine to deliver. You can contact us 24 by 7.
We will respond to you at the earliest…